“The governing body is very effective, and fully involved in establishing the strategic direction of the school. There is an excellent focus on sustaining very high standards and seeking ways to further strengthen achievement.”OFSTED
Our governors are responsible for raising school standards by:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
We annually audit the skills of the governing board in order to ensure that governors have the relevant skills and experiences to contribute to the work of the board. Collectively, our governors have a range of backgrounds
and competencies appropriate to the board’s responsibilities. If there is a shortage in a skills area we seek to rectify this by training or by recruiting someone to the board with the necessary experience, or both.
All Governors have the same status and are eligible to vote when required.
“Governors are jointly responsible for the conduct of the school, ensuring that the best possible Catholic education is provided for the pupils attending the school. This means ensuring the school is run according to its Articles of Association and the Diocesan Trust Deed, that its religious character is preserved and developed, and that pupils obtain high standards of academic achievement.”Diocese of Leeds Office for Education and Schools
Contacting the Academy Council
Mr Eddie Jones, Chair of the Academy Council: email@example.com
Academy Council Members
|Name||Position||Term of Office|
|Mrs Janet Sheehan||Acting Chair|
|Mgr Keiran Heskin||Foundation Governor|
Sacred Heart Parish Priest
|01.09.16 – 31.08.20|
|Mr Darren Goodall||Foundation Governor||01.09.19 – 31.08.23|
|Mrs Alison Ashworth||Executive Headteacher||Ex officio|
|Mrs Louise Hall||Foundation Governor Teacher representative|
|Mr Bob Lavery||Foundation Governor|
How Academy Councillors Are Appointed
- Foundation councillors are appointed by the Diocese of Leeds, following recommendation from the parish priests.
- Staff councillors are appointed through a process of election by the whole staff of the academy.
- Parent councillors are appointed through a process of election by the parents of students at the academy.
- The Foundation Priest maintains their post for a fixed term.
- The Headteacher maintains their post for as long as they are in role.