“The governing body is very effective, and fully involved in establishing the strategic direction of the school. There is an excellent focus on sustaining very high standards and seeking ways to further strengthen achievement.”OFSTED
Our governors are responsible for raising school standards by:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
We annually audit the skills of the governing board in order to ensure that governors have the relevant skills and experiences to contribute to the work of the board. Collectively, our governors have a range of backgrounds
and competencies appropriate to the board’s responsibilities. If there is a shortage in a skills area we seek to rectify this by training or by recruiting someone to the board with the necessary experience, or both.
All Governors have the same status and are eligible to vote when required.
“Governors are jointly responsible for the conduct of the school, ensuring that the best possible Catholic education is provided for the pupils attending the school. This means ensuring the school is run according to its Articles of Association and the Diocesan Trust Deed, that its religious character is preserved and developed, and that pupils obtain high standards of academic achievement.”Diocese of Leeds Office for Education and Schools
Contacting the Academy Council
Mrs Janet Sheehan, Interim Chair of the Academy Council
Contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Academy Council Members
|Name||Position||Term of Office|
|Mrs Janet Sheehan||Interim Chair|
|03.10.17 – 02.10.21|
|Mgr Keiran Heskin||Foundation Governor|
Sacred Heart Parish Priest
|01.09.16 – 31.08.20|
|Mr Mark Joyce||Foundation Governor||05.10.20-04.10.24|
|Mrs Elizabeth Warhurst||Foundation Governor||16.12.20- 15.12.24|
|Dr Adrian Kennedy||Parent Governor||05.10.20-04.10.24|
|Mrs Alison Ashworth||Executive Headteacher||Ex officio|
|Mrs Louise Hall||Staff representative||02.09.19-01.09.23|
|Mr Bob Lavery||Foundation Governor|
|28.02.17 – 27-02-21|
How Academy Councillors Are Appointed
- Foundation councillors are appointed by the Diocese of Leeds, following recommendation from the parish priests.
- Staff councillors are appointed through a process of election by the whole staff of the academy.
- Parent councillors are appointed through a process of election by the parents of children at the academy.
- The Foundation Priest maintains their post for a fixed term.
- The Executive/ Headteacher maintains their post for as long as they are in role.