Emergency Closure Information
IN THE EVENT OF EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS :
1. The initial decision about closure will made at 7am by Headteacher and Chair of Governors.
This will be based on local information concerning travel conditions/ school site conditions and number of teaching staff expected in by 8.30am.
2. If closure is decided, the information will be passed immediately to:
- Metro for the 3 bus services
- Radio Leeds for their bulletins
- All Parentmail contacts Website (if access is available)
3. If school is open at 8.15am then reassessment of the school site/staff numbers will be made.
The decision to close may be made at this late stage depending on updated staffing information/ school site conditions.
4. If during school hours, extreme weather conditions become apparent, then parents/carers may collect their children early from school that day if they wish.
5. If afternoon buses are cancelled, parents/carers are expected to make arrangements to collect their children
Protocol reviewed and updated: 21.1.2013