Emergency Closure Information
IN THE EVENT OF EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS :
1. The initial decision about closure will made at 7am by Headteacher and Chair of Governors.
This will be based on local information concerning travel conditions/ school site conditions and number of teaching staff expected in by 8.30am.
2. If closure is decided, the information will be passed immediately to:
Metro for the 3 bus services
StrayFm for their bulletins
Announcement on school website front page
All Parentmail contacts Website (if access is available)
3. If school is open at 8.15am then reassessment of the school site/staff numbers will be made.
The decision to close may be made at this late stage depending on updated staffing information/ school site conditions.
4. If during school hours, extreme weather conditions become apparent, then parents/carers may collect their children early from school that day if they wish.
5. If afternoon buses are cancelled, parents/carers are expected to make arrangements to collect their children
Protocol reviewed and updated: 21.1.2013