Protocol for School Closure due to Adverse Weather Conditions
- The initial decision about closure will be made at 07.00 by the Headteacher and Chair of the Academy Council.This will be based on local information concerning travel conditions/school site conditions and number of teaching staff expected in by 08.30.
- If closure is decided the information will be passed immediately to;
Metro for the 2 bus services – P98 and 499
Radio Leeds for their bulletins
All Parentmail contacts
Web site (if access is available)
- If school is open at 08.15 then reassessment of the school site/ staff numbers will be made.
The decision to close may be made at this late stage depending on updated staffing information/school site conditions.
- If during school hours extreme weather conditions become apparent, then parents/carers may collect their children early from school if they wish.
- If afternoon buses are cancelled parents/carers are expected to make arrangements to collect their children.