School-to-School Support -
NCTL Designation: August 2015
National Leader of Education
Mrs Alixena Lubomski is an experienced headteacher with a proven track record in providing effective system leadership support to colleague headteachers in the Dioceses of Salford and Leeds over the last ten years. Currently she is also a serving Section 48 and Canonical Review Inspector for the Diocese of Leeds.
As a headteacher of Sacred Heart, Ilkley within the Bishop Wheeler Multi-Academy Trust, she works in collaboration with the other heads on a regular basis. She leads and supports internal school-to-school reviews and provides peer support on a range of issues including:
- preparation for S48 inspections
- working with governors
- monitoring of teaching and learning
- policy development
- assessment development
- change management
- staff recruitment/induction/appraisal.
Support from Sacred Heart Staff
Our experienced teaching and support staff are eager to share their good practice in the following areas:
- Early Years provision and practice
- Phonics teaching/assessment
- Teaching of Grammar, particularly in Upper Key Stage 2
- Motivating boys to write
- Planning a highly differentiated curriculum
- Phased Creative Curriculum planning
- Special Educational Needs provision
- Enhanced progress for Pupil Premium children
- Developing resilience and determination through participation in sporting/musical and dramatic curriculum opportunities.
IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT POSSIBLE SUPPORT FOR YOUR SCHOOL/SETTING, PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL OFFICE.