Class teacher – Year 5
The Academy Council is seeking to appoint a talented, motivational, and inspiring classroom teacher for our school, with additional joint responsibility for leading a subject area.
13 hours per week
- Required for:
- Contract type:
Job share, fixed term for 2 terms
- Reporting to:
The successful candidates should
- Support the Catholic ethos of our school
- Be a good to outstanding practitioner, able to motivate children
- Be innovative, creative, and forward thinking
- Have high expectations of children of all groups and abilities.
We can offer
- A strong Catholic ethos
- A friendly, happy school that lives by its motto,
- Happy children with exemplary standards of behaviour;
- Supportive parents, Academy Council and parish community
- A strong commitment to continuous professional development
Applications are invited from qualified teaching professionals who can share their enthusiasm, faith, skills, and passion for making a difference to learning outcomes.
A member of The Bishop Wheeler Catholic Academy Trust which is a charity and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Company Number: 8399801 Registered Office: St. Mary’s Catholic High School, Bradford Road, Menston, LS29 6AE
Practising Catholics are particularly welcome though the position is not exclusive. Candidates would be expected to be sympathetic to the Catholic ethos and actively support our Mission Statement.
Closing Date: Noon, Wednesday 25th November 2020
Shortlisting date: Wednesday 25th November 2020
Date of lesson visit by school: Week beginning Monday 30th November
Date of formal interview via Zoom: Week beginning Monday 30th November
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory DSB enhanced disclosure certificate.