Sacred Heart is a catholic school in the heart of Ilkley, surrounded by views of Yorkshire’s beautiful Wharfedale Valley.
We are a small school of approximately 170 pupils, which contributes to the friendly, family atmosphere of which we are so proud.
“This is an outstanding school…The school is highly successful and knows itself very well. The excellent leadership and management of the headteacher are at the core of developments.”OFSTED
We enjoy an excellent reputation in the local area as a place where children can grow and learn in a caring and stimulating environment. Our Headteacher leads a team of dedicated and experienced staff with a proud history of providing an excellent education in an attractive modern building. It is the aim of all our staff that our children are enabled to become confident and articulate young people who enjoy life and make the most of its opportunities.
We are a Voluntary Academy serving the parishes of Sacred Heart, Ilkley, Our Lady and English Martyrs, Addingham, and SS John Fisher and Thomas More, Burley in Wharfedale, within the Diocese of Leeds.
We warmly and equally welcome catholic children, children of different faith, and those who do not follow a faith.
The Academy Council promotes and supports the work of the school and maintains close links with parents/carers.
- Excellence and enjoyment through a motivational, creative and challenging curriculum
- Effective teaching and learning leading to high achievement
- Pupil enjoyment of, and commitment to learning
- Tracking and analysis of progress, attainment and achievement
- Catholic ethos which focuses on the development of the ‘whole child’
- Reflective community which constantly strives to enhance the children’s learning experiences and in turn to raise their personal achievements
- Safe, well-organised learning environments
- School development planning- forensic methods, involvement of stakeholders, shared responsibility and clear focus
- Staff commitment to providing personalised learning pathways for the children
- Inclusive community which provides very effective provision for children with additional needs
- Parent/carer satisfaction and support
- Succession planning and professional learning for all staff
- Effective initial teacher training and newly qualified teacher induction
- School management and leadership
- Collaboration and liaison with external partners (Trust schools, local schools and agencies)
- Accreditations: Healthy Schools Status, Activemark, Eco-Schools Bronze and Silver